The most common contraindications to the use of the drug Depakote are:
- violation of pancreatic function;
- a variety of diseases of the liver;
- diathesis of hemorrhagic type;
- chronic or acute hepatitis;
- sensitivity or intolerance to Depakote and its components.
Using during pregnancy and lactation
The drug Depakote can cause various congenital anomalies, so it is not recommended during pregnancy.
During breast-feeding from 1% to 10% of the drug contained in the plasma of patients can get into lactate. Therefore it is recommended to use Depakote only in cases of extreme necessity.
During the course of treatment, women in their childbearing years should take all measures to reliable contraception.
Application for violations of renal function or liver disease
At treatment of various liver diseases, the use of Depakote may increase the risk of side effects.
At illnesses of kidneys you should observe extreme caution.